Spis Igcse Ms Handbook | University Of Cambridge

Please download to get full document.

View again

of 11
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
Information Report
Category:

Documents

Published:

Views: 2 | Pages: 11

Extension: PDF | Download: 0

Share
Related documents
Description
D.Y.PATIL GROUP’S Sharad Pawar International School Pune, India. Cambridge IGCSE HAND BOOK CENTRE N0. IN580 IGCSE IN SPIS The IGCSE curriculum in SPIS starts in grade 9 and continues over the next two years. If a student takes admission in class 9 in August 2010, he/she then will be eligible to sit for his/ her IGCSE examination in May-June 2012, and will be able to get their results in August 2012. We envisage covering about 60% of the course in class 9 itself and the remaining 40% is cov
Transcript
    D.Y.PATIL GROUP’S CambridgeIGCSE Sharad Pawar International School Pune, India. HAND BOOK    CENTRE N0. IN580      IGCSE IN SPIS The IGCSE curriculum in SPIS starts in grade 9 and continues over the next two years. If astudent takes admission in class 9 in August 2010, he/she then will be eligible to sit for his/her IGCSE examination in May-June 2012, and will be able to get their results in August2012.We envisage covering about 60% of the course in class 9 itself and the remaining 40% iscovered in grade 10 leaving as much time as possible for a thorough revision before thestudents sit for the actual examination. These two years are very intensive and bothteachers and students work extensively to prepare themselves for the challenge ahead.In SPIS the entire school term has been divided into two semesters and each semester hasbeen divided into two terms. At the end of each term students are assessed and a report ontheir academic progress is given to the parents. In the first and the third terms students areusually assessed internally; their projects, class tests, class participation, practical work etcare marked and the report reflects their performance in those fields. Besides this a smallwritten test is also conducted for all subjects. At the end of term two and term four, allstudents sit for a written examination in all subjects. These examinations are held to exposestudents to the real IGCSE examination conditions. Moreover, students of class 10 sit fortwo mock examinations in the month of March/ April and are then given a report on theirperformance.For any further information about the IGCSE Curriculum kindly log onto the official websiteof Cambridge:www.cie.org.uk     Criteria for ICE Award Combination of Subjects offered in SPIS for ICE Group I (Languages)  English as First Language / English as Second Language/ Hindi as Second Language/ Frenchas Foreign Language/ Korean as first Language (Self-Taught) Group II (Humanities & Social Sciences) Environmental Management, Economics, Geography, History, Literature (English) Group III (Sciences) Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Management, Physics Group IV (Mathematics) Mathematics Group V (Creative, Technical and Vocational) Accounting, Business Studies, Information & Communication Technology (ICT) What is the Cambridge International Certificate of Education (ICE)?   ã The Cambridge International Certificate of Education (ICE) is a group awarddesigned for Cambridge schools that want to offer a broad curriculum ã To obtain a Cambridge ICE, students must take a minimum of seven subjectsselected from the five Cambridge IGCSE subject groups. How is Cambridge ICE achieved? Students must pass two different languages from Group One, and one subjectfrom each of the remaining subject groups. The seventh subject can come fromany of the five groups:-ã Group One: Languagesã Group Two: Humanities and Social Sciencesã Group Three: Sciencesã Group Four: Mathematicsã Group Five: Creative, Technical and Vocational  
Recommended
View more...
We Need Your Support
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our free products and services. We are nonprofit website to share and download documents. To the running of this website, we need your help to support us.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

No, Thanks
SAVE OUR EARTH

We need your sign to support Project to invent "SMART AND CONTROLLABLE REFLECTIVE BALLOONS" to cover the Sun and Save Our Earth.

More details...

Sign Now!

We are very appreciated for your Prompt Action!

x